Important Update re: COVID-19

Statement on InterDistrict and its Immediate Postponement.

Many will have seen the announcement this morning in relation to the Coronavirus COVID-19 from the government around limiting all indoor gatherings to a maximum of 100. Rest assured the Association is reviewing all options in conjunction with the TBA and the centres we bowl in.

In summary, based on the direction of the TBA we cannot proceed on the weekend as scheduled. All accredited tournaments which includes ID must be postponed until further notice. Whilst we understand that this will impact our season as it stands and at this stage we do not know how long this postponement will go for (whilst the TBA are advising May, we just don’t know). We will continue to talk to the TBA around what we can do and when we can return and we’ll start working on revising the draw and looking at all options to reschedule matches if this is feasible. We ask that all bowlers remain patient and as new information comes to hand we will communicate it via our Facebook page and websites.

If anyone has any further queries, questions or concerns please come see either myself or Brian. Thank you for your understanding and above all please stay safe.

Adam Gillett
President – Tenpin Sydney
0438 408 601

Brian Hird
ID Chairperson – Tenpin Sydney
0418 267 710